Book Review

I had an opportunity to attend the Howard County Technology Conference last week and Will Richardson was the keynote speaker.  He spoke about Web 2.0 in the classroom and other technologies for our Digital Natives of Today.  We were also fortunate enough to receive a copy of his book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms.  I became very engrossed in the book from the beginning.  The book is now littered with post-its and has provided inspiration for many new ideas that I will be using in my classroom.  For anyone who is looking for a quick read that packs a lot of information to help you get started with Web 2.0 technologies this is the book for you.  Will does a great job of making the content relevant to use in classrooms.

Check out my Book Discussion Wiki for some of the main ideas I got from reading this book.

Also, check out Will’s own Blog about technology.

Click here to listen to an MP3 of this post

One thought on “Book Review”

1. Carrie,

The presentation you went to sounds very interesting; I wish I could’ve attended. I think I am going to pick up Will’s book. It sounds like it can be very helpful with what we’re doing in grad class, but I think it could also be helpful to know what our students are doing.